* FoxSmart ABS likes temps in the 240°-255° range. Hotter than some out there, but pretty normal vs. many we’ve tested. Since there are now 45,690 printers on the market, you’ll need to play around to figure out what temp settings your printer (and nozzle) like best.
* You’ll want a heated bed in the 80°-110° range to keep things from warping. You’ve been warned.
* Don’t print in your living room! ABS is a stinky plastic. Print in your garage or ventilated shop.
There’s expensive filament and there’s cheap filament – then there’s FoxSmart filament. Our plastic is just as good as the expensive plastic, but FAR less expensive. Tested and tested and tested (by us + 3rd party testing labs), it is consistent, dry as a bone and works with all the major printers.
- 1.75mm ABS filament for 3D printers
- Premium quality for diameter consistency – <.05mm tolerance (laser measured in production)
- 1kg per spool
If you know our PLA, you pretty much already know our ABS. The colors are the same. The consistency and quality is the same. Do print with ABS to make something durable, sturdy and built to last. Don’t print with ABS if your printer is in your kitchen and you’re cooking a delicate soufflé. It has a much strong odor vs. PLA, your date will be upset and your soufflé will fall. If you have questions about our filament, please email us. If you’re a larger account and you want to test a sample, please email us. We do provide volume discounts to those who ask nicely. Even if you don’t ask nicely but you want to buy lots of filament, we’ll work with you as well. Why FoxSmart filament, you may ask? Here are some facts that might (should) matter to you:
• Our factory has been making filament longer than just about any modern 3D filament extruder in the world. They’ve been extruding filaments since 2007, long before most others got into the market.
• Filaments are tested not once…not twice…but 4 times in-line during extrusion with 4 separate laser calipers, ensuring precise, controlled diameters once spooled.
• Spooled filament is immediately vacuumed sealed with desiccant once spooling is complete. By immediately we mean it comes off the production line and is vacuumed sealed within 10 seconds. Yep.
• Pellets are heated to 0% humidity before extrusion. This should be a given with all factories, but you would be surprised how many fail this test.
• We don’t take chances. If the laser caliper chirps an alarm (meaning the filament is off-spec of <.05mm) the extrusion run is pulled and sold off as waste. We then start over from scratch. This ensures absolute consistency between all batches of filament.
• Each extrusion batch runs for roughly 30 minutes before we start spooling. Why? Because that’s how long it takes to get the diameter perfect. Crafting premium filament is an art, not an exact science. Our team is very, very good…which is why they take their time with each run, ensuring the extrusion run is perfect before we spool rolls.
• We print in-house on 3 different printer brands. If your printer doesn’t suck, it will like FoxSmart filament. Even if it does suck, it might suck less with premium quality filament. Help your printer suck less…give it what it wants.
Thank Your For Shopping With Redlaser. We Appreciate Your Business!
Welcome to Red Laser!
We hope you find our website helpful and trust that you will find our prices competitive. We do our best to keep the website as current and accurate as possible. However, please note that we are constantly receiving new products and it takes time to add those products to the website. if you do not see an item that you are looking for, please contact us at 296-6400, we might just have it! We try very hard to ensure that we provide the residents of Bermuda with fair prices on good quality, name brand products. If you ever find the same product advertised in Bermuda for less, please do not hesitate to send us their website link or their advertisment and we will BEAT that advertised price. Remember, island wide delivery is always free! Unfortunately, we can not ship outside of Bermuda.
While we are happy that you visited our website, we hope that you will also visit our retail store located at 12 Bakery Lane, in Pembroke. You will find us next door to Rayclan and Pembroke Paint!