* Our PLA tends to print best on lower temps. For white we recommend starting at 185° and moving up 5° if you’re not extruding well. We print at 195° when we’re printing faster and around 185° when we’re doing slower, more intricate prints.
* Your printer may like things a bit hotter (that’s a sexy printer), so run some tests to get a feel for how our filament works with your exact printer and extruder.
* For colors we recommend about 5° hotter on average. Some colors, like red, have us printing as much as 10° hotter. But for the most part we bump from 185°/190° to 190°/195° when we’re printing colors.
What is metallic filament? It’s PLA-based filament with real metal; roughly 35% metal, 65% PLA. That means that you can print using most standard 3D printers, with no noxious odors.
Print it a bit hotter than our typical filaments. We recommend extruding it faster than average, so that the metallic elements don’t separate from the PLA and clog your extruder. Keep it flowing.
- Print temp: 200-220C
- Speed: 50 – 100 mm/s
- Extruder: .4 or .5 nozzle. We don’t recommend printing with a .35 nozzle.
Polish with fine grit sanding paper for a smooth surface. We’ve not tested it yet, but others have suggested “copper polish” for the finishing touch.
- Be the first to review this product
WRITE YOUR REVIEW
Write Your Own Review
Thank Your For Shopping With Redlaser. We Appreciate Your Business!
Welcome to Red Laser!
We hope you find our website helpful and trust that you will find our prices competitive. We do our best to keep the website as current and accurate as possible. However, please note that we are constantly receiving new products and it takes time to add those products to the website. if you do not see an item that you are looking for, please contact us at 296-6400, we might just have it! We try very hard to ensure that we provide the residents of Bermuda with fair prices on good quality, name brand products. If you ever find the same product advertised in Bermuda for less, please do not hesitate to send us their website link or their advertisment and we will BEAT that advertised price. Remember, island wide delivery is always free! Unfortunately, we can not ship outside of Bermuda.
While we are happy that you visited our website, we hope that you will also visit our retail store located at 12 Bakery Lane, in Pembroke. You will find us next door to Rayclan and Pembroke Paint!